Here is an introduction to our project.
The foodbank is a project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in the London Borough of Ealing.
- We opened our first client centre in Acton, on 18 October 2013, and we now have 8 foodbank centres across the borough
- 200+ agencies are registered to make referrals, and we have a team of around 300 volunteers who help in a wide variety of ways
- We are a registered charity and have a few paid workers and a Board of Trustees
- We are part of the Trussell Trust network of foodbanks
- In the year 2022 we fed 39,593 people.
We are so grateful to the public who donate food, toiletries and other essential items at several different drop-off points (click here for details); to schools and churches who give so generously throughout the year, and to community groups and churches who regularly check the shopping list and give the things we need (click here to see our latest shopping list).