Here is an introduction to our project.
The foodbank is a project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in the London Borough of Ealing. Click here for our Vision and Values statement
- We began in Acton, on 18 October 2013, and we now have 7 foodbank centres, which we call cafés – you will receive a warm welcome and a hot drink!
- We work with 200+ referral agencies, and have a team of over 100 volunteers
- We are a registered charity and have 3 part time paid workers and a Board of Trustees
- We are part of the Trussell Trust network of foodbanks
- In the year April 2020 – March 2021 we saw an increase of 150% in people coming for support with food supplies due to the effect of the pandemic
- We are so grateful to the public who donate food and toiletries at several different drop-off points (click here for details); to schools and churches who give so generously during harvest, and to church and community groups who regularly check the shopping list and give the things we need (click here to see our latest shopping list)
- At the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, we had to close all our centres, except Hanwell. We are now open in Acton and Southall, and will re-open in Greenford and Northolt as soon as we can. The venues will be new to Ealing foodbank, so look out for the changes in due course.