Get Help

How to get help

Get help if you find yourself in a difficult financial situation.

How to get a food parcel:

1. Get a voucher from an organisation that can help you.

Click here for more information on how and where you might get a voucher from a local support agency.

Call the national Citizens Advice line on 0808 208 2138, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, closed on public holidays.

2. Bring  your foodbank referral code to any of our centres.

If you can’t travel to us, someone can collect the parcel on your behalf.  We are not able to arrange home delivery.

3.  If you need further referrals, contact your referrer for another code/voucher.

The code you will be given is for one visit only, so if you need to come back get in touch with your referrer again.


How to get financial support: 

You can chat to a trained adviser in our Hanwell (Wednesday and Saturday) and Acton (Friday) centres about housing issues, questions about your benefits, employment or other questions.

You can also ask them if you need help filling in forms for online applications.

Crosslight Advice can help with debt advice and budgeting. Self-refer online or see our Crosslight debt adviser at our at foodbank sessions during the week.


Online assistance and advice is available from:

Nucleus – Nucleus legal advice centre may be able to help with finance questions. Phone 020 7373 4005, or email [email protected]

Ealing Advice Service – Ealing Advice Service can offer help and support on a variety of issues: housing, benefits, debt, employment, mental health, family and education. Call their open advice line on 0208 579 8429 (option 1) or 03000 125464

StepChange – You can get free, impartial debt advice over the phone. Call for FREE on 0800 138 1111 (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-2pm).

Turn2us – Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online and by phone 0808 802 2000, 9-5 Monday-Friday.

Ealing Council for information on lots of different topics in Ealing.

Local Welfare Assistance – A discretionary support scheme for Ealing residents facing financial difficulties. You’ll need to make an application and provide supporting evidence.


Back to Get Help